Telematics Solutions for Commercial Auto Insurance
AUG. 17, 2020
During these unprecedented times, we know small commercial customers are changing the way they do business. Many are offering more delivery services than ever before — or for the first time — leading businesses with fleets to seek new ways to improve safety and reduce their exposures. As a result, businesses are turning to telematics.1
A solution designed to simplify and save
We understand that for many businesses, managing vehicles is a key element of their operation, and that logistics can present a unique set of challenges. Businesses must contend with ongoing safety issues, traffic violations, driver shortages, medical expenses and vehicle repair costs. To help meet these needs, Nationwide now offers a no-cost telematics solution to our small commercial business auto customers: Nationwide Vantage 360 Fleet.
- Earn discounts – Customers can earn up to a 10% discount at renewal
- Makes driving fun – While promoting safe driving, drivers can earn points that can be redeemed for gift cards (at no cost to the agent)
- Improve driver performance – Business owners can monitor risky behaviors and gain insight into their drivers’ performance on the road
- Track locations – The GPS and location services allow business owners to know where their vehicles are at any given time
- Generate route insights – Business owners can use the information to adjust their drivers’ schedules and routes, making their business more efficient
- It’s easy – Just check the box in PolicyCenter and we take it from there; we ship the supplies to the customer and work together to get it set up and running
- Customer retention – Customers participating in the program can qualify for a policy discount at renewal on select coverages, offering additional motivation to keep their business with Nationwide
- Differentiated value – Vantage 360 Fleet is an innovative solution to meet customers’ evolving needs
Nationwide’s new commercial lines telematics program is expanding and is currently live in Arkansas, Illinois and Indiana, with upcoming release dates in Michigan, Pennsylvania, Mississippi, Iowa, Missouri and Minnesota.
How the Nationwide Vantage 360 Fleet works
Vantage 360 Fleet telematics program collects and analyzes driving data. It uses the data to deliver an overall individual driver score (out of 100) based on the past two weeks of driving.
Scores are impacted by:
- Speed limits – Respecting the speed limit decreases the risk of an accident, helps improve road safety and increases the score.
- Hard breaking – Safe drivers rarely stop suddenly or abruptly slow down faster than 7.7 mph per second. Hard breaking, intense accelerating and hard cornering are all associated with accidents.
- Phone use – Drivers who use their phone while driving are eight times more likely to get into an accident due to distracted driving.2